Saturday, December 11, 2010

RC Airplanes I'm building

A couple more planes that I'm working on right now.

Setting up wing for Zippty Do Da

Here I creasing the foam so I can shape it into an airfoil, the foam is about 5mm thick, (1/4") or so.

This is my first try at a Ducted fan airplane ant this is the front end of the Zippty Do Da, wasn't enough to fly so set it aside for now.

I rubbed on some blue paint with a cloth, looks kind of poopy I guess.

My smallest airplane so far and I had some tiny motors, I didn't think 2 would fly it so I put on 4.  Well even 4 little motors didn't do the job so sidelined this one.


Midge Quad from front on.

This is a boat that I bought at a thrift shop and I have mounted a Ducted Fan on it .
The fan wasn't enough to power the boat, need a bigger one, sidelined.

I built the biggest boat this past year and it's a 1/4 scale Cracker Box Racer and 48" long, the other one I bought at a thrift shop and I have mounted a Ducted Fan on it and it's 40" long, I haven't run either of them yet.
Tried the Cracker Box in the swimming pool but couldn't get it to go straight so I gave up on it.


This is the transom of my 48" Cracker Box Racer, I built a home made rudder and don't know if it will work or not.

Beginnings of my 48" Cracker Box Racer.

No comments:

Post a Comment